Fireplaces for your home
We already have winter and everything that goes with it. The cold, the wind, rains and for the lucky ones, or not, according to your point of view, the snow. With this time what you most want is to stay at home, comfortably on the sofa and enjoying your favorite movie and sheltered by a good fireplace.
The world of fireplaces is very extensive. There are many types of fireplaces for your home, as well as countless styles and facilities. Make yourself comfortable, sit on the sofa with your favorite hot drink and enter the world of fireplaces with Emporda Immo.
A wood-burning fireplace is the traditional model of a fireplace. Being the type of fireplace that will give us the most heat, this fireplace is still installed today, although little by little you see them lesser in modern homes.
Each type of fireplace has its advantages and disadvantages. The disadvantages of this type of fireplace are:
- Work is required for its installation.
- Requires space to store firewood.
- Most of the heat is lost by the stack unless you install heat recovery mechanisms.
- It cannot be installed in neighboring communities if you have not previously done the work.
- You must be constantly aware of it.
- It is very difficult to regulate the temperature.
- Average consumption is around 1 ton of wood per month.
Gas fireplaces are the next evolutionary step behind wood burning fireplaces when it comes to home fireplaces. With a modern, minimalist look, these fireplaces are powered by the gas connection in your home. In addition, they take up less space and can become very practical incorporating a remote control.
However, as modern and clean as this type of fireplace may seem, it does not get rid of any inconveniences such as:
- They are expensive. They can be worth 5 times the cost of a wood fireplace.
- The gas it uses for heating is more expensive than firewood.
- Although its dimensions are smaller than wood-burning fireplaces, it requires draft and therefore its installation is not allowed in communities that have not previously had the work done.
- The optical effect is not as impressive as with wood-burning fireplaces since their flames are static except for those with gas fireplaces that incorporate fans.
Bioethanol fireplaces are the environmentalists in the house. These chimneys are fed with Bioethanol, which is created from the fermentation of carbohydrate-rich materials, thus being a clean combustion fireplace.
In addition, buying a bioethanol fireplace is like buying a table or a sofa, it is still a piece of furniture. It does not require previous installation, it does not require an stack and you should only watch out to locate it near flammable objects or in places that children or pets can access it easily.
However, all that glitters is not gold and this type of home fireplace has some drawbacks:
- Fuel is more expensive than previous types.
- If you opt for cheap Bioethanol options it can produce odors.
Electric fireplaces are not real fireplaces, they are stylish stoves. This type of fireplace does not make fire, does not smoke and does not generate waste. The heat they emit is thanks to the placement of resistors inside. Being the safest, the newest models combine water vapor, fans and led lights to create a more realistic effect.
However, these fireplaces are not without drawbacks, and it is that, although there is only one, it is very important to take it into account. Electricity consumption and its cost.
Now that you know all the types of fireplaces on the market, all you need to do is decide on one of them and start enjoying the warmth of your living room sheltered from the winter cold outside.
If unfortunately your house does not have a fireplace and you are looking for a new home, on our website you will be able to find the new home you have always wanted.